I'm just home from the 5th grade Thanksgiving feast and boy, was it a feast. I brought my usual, since I am the Queen of Cupcakes, and a cooler full of juice boxes, and everybody else pitched in--woo hoo, it was awesome. We all sat around on very tiny chairs and ate a gracious plenty of yummy treats. I am full of turkey and mashed potatoes and pie (apple blueberry, yummy!) for what I plan to be only the first time this week, and feeling thankful.
So, here goes. I am thankful for:
1. My family, and especially that Navy Guy will be home from a 6.5 month deployment in 2.5 weeks. We are so grateful and SO looking forward to seeing him again. Our family's prayers and best wishes are for everyone else with a military family member away during the holidays.
2. Our health. Especially this year, with so many scares.
3. You. My readers. You make my dreams come true every time you buy my books.
4. My editor and my publisher and everyone at Berkley. They work so hard for me and I appreciate it more than I can say. (See you next month! NYC and West Side Story, yippee!)
5. So many, many more things, but I'll wrap this up by saying pie. I am very thankful for pie. : )
If you're in the U.S. and you celebrate, may you have a wonderfully happy Thanksgiving with much pie and happiness.