Monday, November 03, 2008

Gave up on "official" NanoWrimo

The website is so slow as to be nonexistent. Who has that kind of time? But the idea is still fun and giving me an energy charge - so I'm still in the game on my own. Wrote an entire chapter today and boy did things take a wild left turn!! Who knew that a Fae high prince I "discovered" in a short story would pop up in Atlantis? Can't keep a good Fae down . . . And whew! He's seriously hot. Wow. I mean -- oh, sorry. I'm back now. LOL. Oh, and for anyone who wondered, 50,000 words is roughly half a book for me. Atlantis Unleashed clocked in at 104,000. So that's a pretty smoking month! Happy November, by the way!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

It usually takes days for the website to work better. It's always frustrating the first week.

Going for four consecutive wins still working on this romantic suspense series. I'm Cassie Ryan on the nanowrimo site.

How about the 70 Days of Sweat Writing Challenge? It runs from Nov. 10 - Jan 26. 60K-100K wordcount.

http://70daysofsweat.com/wordpress/archives/245

I'm close to deciding on this.

Take care and good luck writing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!