Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This may be my next car


The Saturn Flextreme

You can read all about it here, but what really snagged my attention was this line:

As early as 2010 or 2011, "Driving range after leaving the house with a fully charged battery pack and a full tank of ultra-low-sulfur diesel is estimated to be 444 miles."

Think about it!! I'm already considering trading in my beloved BMW convertible for a Prius, but maybe I'll hold out for this one. It's so important for me to be eco-friendly and this is just - WOW! Plus it looks like something a space pilot would drive on her day off, which tickles me.
hugs,
Alyssa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, that is one cool car! I was planning to be eco friendly when we bought my new car about a week ago. The plan was to trade in my Lexus RX300 for an RX400 hybrid. The big problem? I felt like I couldn't see out of the car, plus it had a smaller cargo space which, no offense, wasn't going to work for me. So I ended up with the GX470 which is their mid-size SUV and isn't a hybrid. **sigh**

Stacy

RandomRanter said...

It does look cool and may have more cargo than the Prius. I do wonder if it uses special gas if that would be a problem, but I may be misunderstanding it. I kind of want the Smartcar, but they only have the two seaters right now, so not family friendly.