Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!!



May 2009 be wonderful for us all!! I UPS'd off the copyedits for Justice (and a batch of yummy cookies) to my lovely editor today for Monday, so am feeling very pleased with myself.

I'll probably start in on revising the very end of Alexios (ATLANTIS UNMASKED) tomorrow, because I'm sick that way and can't help myself.

OH! Did I mention I got cover art for Alexios? I'll post it as soon as I can get a better .jpg file. I'm not quite sure what I think and would appreciate opinions.

Also, Brennan's book is going GREAT!! I'm almost afraid to admit it without knocking on wood - but Brennan (ATLANTIS REDEEMED)is really REALLY fun to write!! You're going to be present in the very first scene waaaay back when Poseidon first cursed Brennan - it's a crazy, wicked curse and cruelly designed to cause the most pain . . . when Brennan can feel pain again, that is!!

I'm in the process of a new website design, so please be patient, but new excerpts are FINALLY going to be posted. Also, DON'T FORGET THAT WILD THING IS OUT TUESDAY!!! Sightings of it are in bookstores already. It's the anthology with Maggie Shayne, Marjorie Liu, and Meljean Brook, and it's Bastien's story with Kat the panther shifter. I love Bastien and I hope you enjoy his book. (This is a reissue for only $7.99 of the larger, $14 version from May, 2007 so if you bought that one don't pay for it again!)

Finally, in news that I'm not crazy about yet, they picked a new Doctor Who. Not only will I miss the wonderful and amazing David Tennant, but this guy? he's sort of all hair. Weird hair. Sigh. But maybe with a haircut . . .

The kids go back to school Monday!! Boo! But Yay! More time to write! Happy New Year, everyone - 2009 is going to be WONDERFUL!!
XOXO,
Alyssa

3 comments:

Ellory said...

I just read about the new doctor. I'm so so on the idea of yet another doctor. I've loved this doctor. Sigh...

Can't wait for all the good reads from Warriors of Poseidon in 2009.

Happy New Year.

Ann M.

Tinuke said...

This post is by way of getting back into things. 2008 started off well and then kind of blew up in my face with the result that I have not been posting and just before Xmas I found out one of my best friends here in Belgium has breast cancer. So rock on 2009 things can only get better. Now to the doctor. I am in mourning! David Tennant was it for me.He had that zany but dangerous edge and he wasn't all muscly and pumped up or wimpy. I shall of course give the new one a go but as my husband said they have gone for interesting and ugly which could work or not!
Ditto to the reads for 2009 and hoping that everybody's year stays safe healthy and happy!!!!

Jessie said...

Ooh, yay for new books. Not that I'm a book geek for anything.

Also the 11? I'm sorry, I keep wanting to send him back to senior year. And I'm a whopping 13 months older. For the hair, as someone online put it: "The Flock of Seagulls hair went out with the 80s for good reason." I miss 9. I want 9 back. *nods* He's my Doctor.