Thursday, November 15, 2007

Me and Stephen King!!!!!

Hee.

So it has been a crazy, happy, floating on air kind of week here (other than the hideous root canal, but we won't go there).

ATLANTIS AWAKENING has been blasting its way up all the bestseller lists and it even broke into the Top 100 at the USA Today bestseller list at 97!!!!!

..> 97. Atlantis Awakening
Alyssa Day, Berkley
Romance: Warrior tries to resist the beauty chose to work with him (F) (P) $6.99
..> Weeks in Top 150: 1 Last week: -- Entered Top 150: 11/15/2007 Peak: 97
..>
..>

To put this in perspective, guess who was at 97 last week?? That would be my childhood HERO, STEPHEN FREAKING KING!!!!!!!! (With THE MIST, his movie tie-in book)

The USA Today bestseller list tracks all genres of books, so fiction, nonfiction, children's books, you name it - it's all on there. And my little second book in my series broke into the top 100 - even though the holiday books all started hitting the shelves November 1st!!

The bottom line here? It's all about YOU. My wonderful, brilliant, kind (and surely gorgeous) readers, who remembered me from 8 loooong months ago or took a chance for the first time. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

And as a true gesture of my appreciation?? You asked for him -- you're going to get him. Alaric's book. No making you wait years - Alaric will be in stores near you in early 2009!!!!! (trust me, in publishing terms, that's like the day after tomorrow)

I ADORE you. Thank you!! I'm drinking a champagne toast to you all.

hugs,

alyssa

6 comments:

Ellory said...

What great news. :) Well deserved to be a best seller.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

Alyssa Day said...

thank you thank you!!! Very happy here.

RandomRanter said...

Awesome. And really, that is the best thanks we could (realistically) get!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this! Congrats Alyssa! Oh, and happy dance for us getting Alric's book....now, how about my boy Brennan? LOL

Stacy

Anonymous said...

When are we going to get Alaric and Quinn's story. How much longer is the wait going to be.